1. Make available to students audio, video, and other multimedia resources
2. Integrate these multimedia resources seamlessly with the rest of the
class material, the learning goals per class meeting/module, and the
Several learning activities will be showcased, reflecting the variety of student
needs and learning goals accompanying the various courses that have incorporated
multimedia. For example:
1. Listening assignments are posted online and listening is tracked using
Blackboard’s item-tracking function.
2. Listening and viewing examples are integrated with lecture notes.
3. Listening examples produced by the instructor are integrated with commercial
recordings and textual/musical analysis.
4. Viewing (video or animations) and listening examples form the basis for
5. Embedded animations are used to clarify concepts discussed and interactive
animations are used to support practice on the concepts.